Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wednesday


Almost bedtime








Shopping anyone??













At orphanage




At orphanage








Panda Zoo









You Jie






I am very tired so this will be short...

Today after breakfast, we went to The Panda Zoo. More on that later.

Then we went to visit the Orphanage. I was expecting that we would meet the director and be able to ask questions but our visit was very low key. As soon as we got out of the van we went inside a building and met a little boy and his foster mom. He is waiting to come home to a family that asked us to bring him a package. We gave him the package and took lots of pics and video.The foster mom seems very very nice and did not mind letting me take all the pictures I wanted too. Then we went upstairs and saw three baby rooms. Each room had about four babies and three aunties. The babies were little. I think that at least two babies had cl/cp. One tiny baby was hooked up to an IV in her head. ALL the babies were under alot of blankets and it was hot with no AC. The ratio of babies and aunties was good and all the babies looked well cared for. We did see some little kids playing at a playground,but we did not go to there. Thats pretty much all we did. We did not meet the director.

After, we had the day to ourselves. I have to say, the city is big, but there is nothing to do with a 2 year old here. We ate lunch,Corwin took a nap and then we called a taxi and met another family about 10 minutes away at a shopping mall. There is just so much time I can spend cooped up in a hotel room. As usual, many people looking,I don't think this city gets alot of Western visitors. I am tired of Chinese food so we ate at McDonalds! It was cheap...fit our budget!!! Ok enjoy the pics....

No comments: