Saturday, September 8, 2007

walking in the park in Fuzhou


View of part of the hotel (to the left) and the city from a bridge in the park.






Me and Samuel at the park in front of a big wall that has beautiful engravings all over it.

Our hotel from the park across the river.


D and the girls that wanted a picture



D in front of the hotel








After the buffet this am we went to the big park near the hotel.It was very crowded. The park is huge and people everywhere. This is a little video we shot. There was a group of people singing. We could hear them all the way across the water at our hotel when we started out for the park. At the end of the video you can see a woman scolding D for taking the video. I don't know why. I saw some Chinese taking video as well.

After that we just walked around and toward the end went into a little shop. I bought some small items. D saw a little bracelet she wanted that was marked 80rmb. I told her ask the lady if she would take 50, but the lady said "no discount". Well I think next time we'll wait for Katherine our guide to shop with us. While in the shop some young girls started talking to me in broken english. Wanted to know where we were from.I said Texas, they did not understand,so I said US, they understood that. Then they would not leave us alone. They wanted to take a picture with us. So we took a picture with them but by then there were some crowds of people gathering and talking and watching us.I did not feel comfortable. So I told Samuel I wanted to leave so we said bye to the girls and when walking away some teenage boys came and asked to take a picture too. Samuel said no.



We just went swimming at the pool. Now we are relaxing and getting ready to meet Corwin!! We are meeting Katherine in the lobby at 3:45pm. I am expecting to meet up with two other families that are with another agency adopting as well. They arrive this afternoon right before the children are getting here. SO excited and happy!Please enjoy the pics, they are all from today.

No comments: