Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Heading Home

Finally....we are heading home! I am so happy to be going home. We are leaving for Shanghai tomorrow morning(Wednesday)..thats Tuesday night for you folks in Texas.

Today all us Americans went on two huge buses to the US Consulate,the entire reason we are even here in Guangzhou. We got our elusive "brown envelope" and it is safely tucked away in my carry on. The moment we land on US soil, Corwin will be an American citizen.

I have met one wonderful family here and only wish they lived closer. Their daughter and D have become friends and they even have a 7 year old son and a two year old son. And they homeschool too.

Today I made a Chinese shopkeeper mad! I wanted to but some beautiful tea cups. She was asking 58 yuan. I offered her 50. Thats like $6US. She seemed reluctant but finally said "For you, 50 yuan". While she was wrapping them up (before I paid) and I saw my friend mentioned above walking down the street. I told her about the teacups, she said she got the same cups for 25 yuan at another shop! So she walked in there and told the shopkeeper I changed my mind

1 comment:

Lesa said...

That is too funny. Always keep bartering. If it isn't what you want to pay start walking and if they want the sale bad enough they will follow until they make the sale. GRIN

I know you will be excited to be back home.

Take care,
Lesa L.