Friday, September 14, 2007

Guangzhou


White Swan
Last sunset in Fuzhou









We are here! We had a good flight...well pretty good.Corwin was an angel at the airport and when we got on the plane he was very happy and chatty. The plane taxied down the runway and I THOUGHT.."wow, I have it made on this flight",well,in a word,No! Pretty soon after lift off he started crying hard. I don't know why, maybe he was scared, maybe the noise, maybe tired.I don't know.Finally I took him out of his seat and put him on my lap and he cried for a good while. Finally he fell asleep. I woke him up when the plane landed and he as fine! The flight was only about an hour.

Our guide here is David and he seems really nice. Tomorrow at 10am we meet in the lobby and go for the medical exam. Donya and Corwin are sleeping now. Samuel is on his way home and will be there at 8:55pm Texas time. The hotel, The White Swan seems nice, it was dark when we came in and we went straight to the room so did not have a good look around.

I feel like I made a friend for life with our guide Katherine in Fuzhou. She is very sweet and I can see us keeping in touch. I feel she really loves what she does and has a heart for the children.

Oh good news......Corwin did not cry AT ALL during his bath tonight!!!!! He seemed to like it!

Until tomorrow......

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congratulations !!!!!


Your son is beautiful. We wish you all the best

Lisa