Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sunday in Fuzhou



Its 6:40Am here are we are going to go to the lobby and have the buffet in awhile.We did not eat dinner so I am very hungry. We all went to sleep early before 9pm and I woke up at around 12,wide awake.I stayed up for about an hour and a half and then to sleep again and had a bad dream.

Today is the day we get to meet our son for the first time! Our guide has been preparing us and telling us all these things. I am excited and very nervous at the same time. I have prepared his backpack full of goodies! She said that we might not be able to meet his foster mom because it would be too hard on Corwin to see her again. I am disappointed but I understand. I am going to ask if maybe I can go alone to the orphanage and Corwin stays here with Samuel? I'm nt sure that is a good idea either.....

Ok from yesterday,what I forgot....at walmart,in the chips section, the bags of chips are only the small snack size bags.Also we wanted Cheetos,but the package was all the Chinese so we asked our guide to get us the cheese flavored ones. Our flavor choices are, chicken,shrimp,beef no cheese.So we got the chicken ones and they are nasty! So don't buy Cheetos here.

The above picture (right)is our hotel taken from the walk we took yesterday. Today after breakfast we will go to the big park across the street.

The picture (left) is at the tea ceremony, the girl is the tea expert.We had four different kinds of tea and learned about them all and the proper way to drink tea, so when I get home I will educate all you tea drinkers (I know who you are) about the proper way!

The flower of Fuzhou is the Jasmin and the tree is the Banyan and Fuzhou is known for its tea.

Until later.......lots of love

No comments: